06 385 4176
Reservation Only 0800 40 88 88
The Ruapehu adventure Hub is the home to the Raetihi Holiday Park, and Whanganui River Canoes. Here you will find, friendly, knowledgeable and capable staff who can help you book your adventure in the Ruapehu. Our job is to make your adventure easy, from planning, to booking, to briefing and providing everything you need for your trip, we can do it all.
Our specialties are:
– At the Raetihi Holiday Park choose from tent/power sites, or cabins – all with access to our communal facilities. (Check out our on-site Fairy/Glow Worm trail!)
– We offer 3-6 day freedom or guided canoe trips through the heart of the Whanganui National Park. If you only have a day or two to spare, we can help you book one to two day trips on the Whanganui River. We can also provide any camping equipment you might need.
– Mountain bikes are available to hire on site, and we can organise shuttles to the bike tracks in our area – the Old Coach is a great half day option nearby, and the Mangapurua/Bridge to Nowhere Ride is a MUST-DO through the Whanganui National Park, meeting the jet boat before we transport you back to our base.
– In summer the shuttle to the Tongariro Crossing leaves right from our door daily, you must book in advance, and this is dependent on weather forecasts.
– Ski/ Snowboard - only 10 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Ohakune in winter – the Raetihi Holiday Park is the perfect spot for your winter stay. We can provide information for ski/snowboard hire.
– The Te Araroa Trip is growing in popularity every year, and we can help you organise your trip from Taumarunui/National Park, all the way to Whanganui. Let us know if you want to break your canoe trip up with a little bit of cycling, for something different.
While you are in the area you can also take the opportunity to do some trout fishing in some of the best spots in NZ, or if you are interested – there are fantastic native birds for Bird watchers to spot nearby.